- The flooring should be stored in the rooms in which it will be installed.
- Allow 3-5 days of acclimation time for engineered wood flooring depending on weather conditions.
- Allow 7-10 days of acclimation time for solid wood flooring depending on weather conditions.
- Breaking the floor units into small lots and/or opening can facilitate acclimation.
- Acclimation is very important, especially when installing in a vacant home.
- Acclimation of flooring must be done in an area which the temperature and humidity are maintained at or near the normal living conditions.